Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

posts here on speakers are getting a bit stale..

I am wondering, now in 2007, what the word is on the latest 'best' not ultra-pricey, small speakers to run off a computer these days? I'm looking for something to use not as a home critical listening system (that's a separate project here at home..) Rather, just a decent sounding system to have tunes up at the cabin, in a large room, where different extended family members will come and go. I was thinking of just leaving something like these Logitechs there and people could plug in their iPods, laptops, watch movies, etc.. Need to keep it simple, hence the 2.1 system, vs surround. With the explosion in computer audio, iPods, and new speakers all over the place, I thought you all might have other tips on this..

A second need is for a real portable solution - besides headphones which I have... to haul in a suitcase for travel.. ie, a just a 2.0 set up.. what's good and small these days? again, not looking to spend over a couple hundred for either of these setups..

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Topic - posts here on speakers are getting a bit stale.. - stan2 09:09:33 02/10/07 (4)

You can not post to an archived thread.