Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Corrections and answers

Dave,

Ok... some of my generalization in my above thread was due to the fact that I assumed you proabably would not use Foobar for your playback. Though Foobar is capable of many things, one of them is not intuitive usage and a complete package. You would be best to use Foobar with EAC and this would allow Kernel streaming which would bypass the KMIXER on some PC platforms.

That being said... I have had experience that using Kernel Streaming on some PC's causes XP to crash.

If you want a simpler interface with secure ripping I might suggest J River. In the case of J River it would be best too use ASIO for your output regardless of using a USB DAC or a Board Level Product (most come with an ASIO driver).

You cannot bypass the KMIXER using Windows media player. I am not that familar with Winamp but it does have the capabilities to run through ASIO for output. iTunes can bypass the KMIXER using a little convuluted plugin which passes the music through Foobar and out either by kernel streaming or ASIO to bypass the KMIXER.

Thanks
Gordon
J. Gordon Rankin

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.