Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Thanks again.

Really the fog is starting to clear. Now I guess I'll start with Lynx2B and use its analogue output directly into the pre, then I'll take my friends Accuphase DP67 with a separate dac section (my dp65 does not have dac input) and use the card'd digital outputs, so I can see which way to go.
The main reason I am fussing about this subject -- I feel that the time demands(?) to upgrade my rb cd player, though mine is working and playing wonderful, and to me it is not really cold in an all-accuphase system. The convenience of pc playback and possibility that I shall get more details from the well-ripped wav files is another lure.
The last group of silly questions: How to make Foobar or any other recommended player to load all the Wavs from the HDD into RAM to play back from memory, not from HDD? Or shall I use USB Flash? What is ASIO and why are they different? Sorry for my ignorance.
Thanks for your patience and for replies.
Serge.
P.S. The Lynx 2b is $ 1060 here in Russia and availible only by preorder from pro-audio vendors, no money-back...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.