Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

There you have it Serge...

Serge:

Very much like Dawnrazor's review of the card, I've never even heard of someone who owned a Lynx2B dislike the card. Reviews of the analog outputs go from "really good" to "awesome" depending on who you ask. You seem to get "not quite as good", "as good", or "even better" to describe its performance compared to using an external DAC - again, depending on the DAC and who's doing the comparison. If audiophiles are saying this card can keep up with $2000+ DACs... then it must be a heck-of-a card!

The nice thing about the 2B solution is that you take digital right off of the codec and hop into DACs not 2 inches away with no digital transmission (cable and connectors) or transceiver in there. This might be the single big advantage that seems to outweigh the alleged disadvantages of performing D/A conversion right on a PCI card in the first place.

I'd buy one, but the quality of my current loudspeakers do not warrant a high-buck digital front end. When I get into the Scan Speak stuff, then I might be upgrading the whole PC audio system.

Right now I am using a Creative X-Fi in ASIO (Audio creation mode) with no effects except a DSP/VST digital crossover. For the money, the sound is so good it's silly.

Cheers,
Presto

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.