Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Re: Thanks very much for the link

The Daphnis is from the 1961 recording, RCA's recent SACD and all other releases have been the 1955 recording the latter is a great recording probably one of the most famous in the classical catalog, but there is a lot of people out there that believe the interpretation of the 1961 version is better.
The Berlioz to me is a great performance you can read Gary Lemco's review of it at Audiophile Audition, it is from a now long gone label Command Classics, they were a little weird with there miking but there dynamics are incredible.
The other exceprt is The Historic' du Soldat which is a incredible recording it's very lifelike, and finally the Saint Saens Sym. 3 excerpt is when the organ arrives in the Symphony with some beautiful string tone in the background anybody familiar with the piece will know which part I'm talking about.
The main goal of HDTT is to bring these rare recordings back, and bring them back in a way the audiophile will enjoy them, also you can ask me more questions if you would like at my new forum audiosymposium.net you will also find the forums of Pure Note Cables, Symposium Acoustics, and Emotive Audio there also.
Thanks
Bob
HDTT

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.