Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Re: blahblah again.. what else?

Pepe:

How do you think good audio products are built? Musicians randomly popping semiconductors into circuit boards until it "just sounds good"?

Some of us happen to believe that good digital circuit design, good amplifier design, good crossover and speaker design, and even good PC audio server design all require a certain amount of "art" to get mixed in with the science for them to result in truly beautiful musical reproduction.

Saying "Blah blah blah... I just want audio equipment that gives me good sound" is just like saying:

"Blah blah blah - all I want is a rocketship to take me to the moon."

I'll take the properly engineered rocket ship thank you. And the properly engineered audio equipment too...

Now go and have a nice cold beer. You've been drinking way too much of that delicious coffee...

Did you ever think your coffee was delicious because the temperature of the water and the rate at which the water was passed through the filter was DECIDED UPON and not just allowed to occur randomly?

Even a cup of coffee is a result of engineering. The vacuum seal on the coffee can. Engineering. The coffee maker. Engineering. The cup you are drinking from - even if made by hand was fired in an electric kiln... ENGINEERING.

You can run. But you can't hide...

from ENGINEERING.

Nyuk nyuk nyuk.... I MEAN....

BWAH HAAAH HAAAH HAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Cheers,
Presto

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.