Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

ITunes organization irritation, and USB cable.....

Hiya,

I've got an IBook set up on a network of about 8 MACs, - including our shared ITunes server in the basement. My IBook is connected via routers and hubs to the G5 and I'm getting some really nice playback, - no latency. But, I'm frustrated with the ITunes program.

I don't get emotional about the MAC vs PC wars. But, I can't get ITunes organizized!!!!

First, - compilation CDs are organized into a compilations folder.... I don't want to browse by songs, or artist, = but by CD title. Plus, - whenever I transfer a CD to the server, - I have to pay very close attention that I'm connected/networked to the server, or without warning, the CD gets transferred to the hard drive of my IBook..... nasty....

Does anyone have any ITunes insight as to how I can trick it into a better organizational methodology?

Also, does anyone have an opinion on investing in high quality USB cable? I have a USB/printer cable going into an APL breakout USB to SPDIF converter box, then a really nice silver digital cable going into the Digital input of the APL....

thanks for any thoughts....

In arenas he kills for a prize, Wins a minute to add to his life. But the sickness is drowned by cries for more, Pray to God, make it quick, watch him fall

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Topic - ITunes organization irritation, and USB cable..... - Sordidman 17:28:24 01/19/07 (8)

You can not post to an archived thread.