Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Re: Upsampling plug-in for Window Media Player

Maybe I'm mistaken about the ASIO driver? Not sure ..I've downloaded so many plug-ins in the last weeek for Winamp, Foobar I've lost track. I put ASIO for all on my PC recently. I have noticed it sounds better than what it did when I first tried listening with WMP 9..which is the version that came installed on this computer.

I've read ..the kmixer issue is fixed in the newer audigy soundcards and Vista capable systems... Is this true? The sound sure has changed. It used to sound flat...now I have tremendous dynamics using WMP 11.

I've compared all three WMP, Foobar and Winamp..I could live with either now as before the clear winners was Foobar or Winamp. The lines have blurred.

Recently I've downloaded music for Music Giants. The HiDef quality music on this site sounds extrodinary using WMP 11. For example the Superman Returns sound tracks shake the house with its dynamic swings.I'm definitely still learning my way around this PC music stuff.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Upsampling plug-in for Window Media Player - Gmood1 00:10:14 01/18/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.