Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Help re: Itunes Digital Output

I recently upgraded the sound system on my PC and for some reason music played back through itunes isn't working right. I upgraded to:

RME DIGI 96/8 PAD sound card
Genelec 2029B Active Digital Speakers (with DAC)

I'm using a breakout cable to directly run AES/EBU connection from the sound card to the speakers. The speakers are amplified and have a 96khz/24 bit DAC, so the speakers basically do everything once the digital signal leaves the computer.

My problem is nothing played through itunes sounds right - the sound has a lot of reverberation and static - ostensibly the audio is not being processed correctly when played through itunes for some reason. When music is played through Windows Media Player the sound is perfect. This is true regardless of the medium (compressed file, lossless format, cd, etc.)

Can anyone offer any assistance? I've gone through all the settings in itunes and can't figure out any reason why music played through windows media is fine, but itunes is not. Thanks in advance!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Topic - Help re: Itunes Digital Output - Niner 07:32:19 01/13/07 (2)

You can not post to an archived thread.