Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Anyone heard of anything NEW about the bug with iTunes/ALAC foobar2000 pass through using ASIO on foobar2000?

Tried the foobar2000 media player on Apple Lossless Audio Codec (ALAC) files today and running the ASIO V2 drivers on Windows XP.
That seemed to work. There is a provision in iTunes using the Multi-Plugin for using a foobar pass through. That is, using foobar2000 as the player for iTunes. This would be nice because you could then store files in ALAC for iPod usage and home usage managing them only in iTunes and running them through ASIO at home to get the best playback quality.

Could not get the pass through to work but I might restore my files back in iTunes now. I am using J River currently but that has no ALAC support. The only hassle would be to have to use foobar2000 for high quality home playback.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Topic - Anyone heard of anything NEW about the bug with iTunes/ALAC foobar2000 pass through using ASIO on foobar2000? - L.D. 15:28:33 01/12/07 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.