Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Wait for Version 1.1

The Golden Rule is - never install Version 1.0 - wait for a version update or service pack.

From what I can tell, there's very little in Vista that excites me, but when my copy arrives I'll install it and play around with it. But there's no certified drivers for most of my hardware anyway so realistically I can't actually use Vista in production for a few months yet.

But I don't think Vista is as bad as that article claims - I suspect most of the information in the article is culled from information divulged in WinHEC 2005 and are probably out of date. And most of the really scary things (like disabling or downconverting content to analog outputs) are also planned for consumer devices - so Microsoft's hand is kind of forced - Microsoft wants to be a leader in consumer electronics, and unfortunately that means trying to be compliant to the ever more draconian restrictions being proposed by Hollywood and the RIAA.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.