Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Be careful here:

Tom:

Most of us around here know quite a bit about great soundcards... for Windows 2000 / NT / XP.

Some companies are having "problems" getting drivers approved by Microsoft for Vista (or something of this nature) likely due to the totally invasive nature of DRM (digital rights management) in Vista.

What software are you using for playback? I might have a workaround solution for you.

Here is a little clip from the M-Audio knowlege base. M-Audio makes some pretty nice pro-sumer soundcards:

Windows Vista Drivers

Q: I’m thinking of installing Windows Vista on my system. Does M-Audio currently offer any drivers that support Windows Vista?

A: Currently, M-Audio does not offer any drivers (beta or otherwise) that support Windows Vista. As Vista drivers become available they will be posted to our drivers page. If a driver is offered during the beta (pre-release) phase of its development, you will need to click the “show beta drivers” option on the drivers page in order to view and download that particular driver.

Please note that the current “Windows 64-bit” beta drivers offered on this website do not support Windows Vista.

We ask that you please refrain from contacting M-Audio Technical Support for information on the availability or future availability of Windows Vista drivers at this time. All relevant information regarding the availability of Vista drivers will be made public via this FAQ and/or the drivers download page as soon as it becomes available. Technical Support cannot provide any information or insight on driver availability that is not already posted publicly on this website.

Even Lynx Studio Technology - makers of some of the finest (and most expensive) soundcards on the planet - make no mention of Vista OS support anywhere on their website.

Buyer beware...

Cheers,
Presto

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.