Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Experience with Creative Zen Vision:M and or other hard drive units, had some trouble

So I just got a Zen V:M 30gb player in the mail two days ago. After loading the unit with about 2 dozen CDs and playing with it and setting everything up on it I took it with me for the evening. After using it about 4 times that night, I turned the unit off, never to have it come back on again!!!! This was my first big media player.

Let me say I loved the Zen, this is the one with the 2.5” screen not the new media player version with the 4” screen. I loved the user interface, the menus, the ease of uploading to it....EVERYTHING, well when the bass boost is on the sound goes to #$*&, aside from that, EVERYTHING. But I must say, this experience has really bummed me out about the unit. I was wondering if anyone out there has experience with this player and how it has held up for them? I read tons of glowing reviews on circuit city and ebay, however are all HD based players like this prone to failure or did I just get a dud? I know I want this creative player, Ive toyed around with Ipods and Zunes and love the interface of the Zen by far.

Im thinking of buying a 60gb zen at J&R online and getting the 2 yr warrantee for $30 bringing my total to around $300, which is fine as I want to use this unit for a few years anyway. I just want to know if all these players are super sensitive? Can they take say a 3-4 ft fall if there in their protective skin, can they take hot and cold (I live in WI we get all sorts of weather extremes), just would like to know their overall durability standing.

Please let me know your thoughts on my scenario.

Dave

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - Experience with Creative Zen Vision:M and or other hard drive units, had some trouble - 2chJunkie 12:42:27 01/08/07 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.