Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Re: The clock strikes

OK. I took the equipment home this weekend to do some testing. FYI-I am only using windows XP pro and itunes (apple lossless).

The same issues were present when I hooked the audio usb transit, toslink to dac and speakers up to my home computer instead of work laptop.

The Transit's light is always locked on. The Dac's primary lock comes on, but secondary lock only comes on if a sound is being sent from the computer. I think you are right with this being the issue.

Unfortunately the transit will not allow me to adjust the signal to 44.1khz. Perhaps this is what is creating the dac to click and sound crackles at beginning of audio signals.

The dac works fine in my home system replacing Benchmark DAC1 (just does not sound as good). The primary and secondary lights were always locked on. The powered speakers tested fine.

If this is the issue is there a good quality usb converter (tos or coax) that has option for 44.1 locked signal? Maybe the coax is best for this dac in computer setup. Too bad Transit does not have coax option.

I really appreciate your help. Thanks again.

Brad

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: The clock strikes - bjbakle 18:22:16 01/06/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.