Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Need help getting ASIO 24/96 to work in J River to Transit USB chain

I'm seeking advice for how to get 24/96 ASIO output to work between an MAudio Transit USB (actually, the front end to Steve Nugent's Turbo II) and J River Media Center 11. I've got ASIO 24/96 working in Foobar, and ASIO 24/44.1 working in J River, but get odd behavior with ASIO 24/96 in J River.

Environment is XP/SP2, with all current Microsoft updates and MAudio driver updates. Hardware is Gateway laptop with 1.6 Core 2, 1gb RAM. All ancillary programs (eg, Security, wireless, etc.) are disabled in diagnostic below.

My sypmptoms:

In J River DirectOut works fine under 16 or 24 bit depth and 96 or 88.2 sample rate. However, in J River under same settings selecting ASIO output does not generate any sound, although player indicates it's playing and if I enable the ASIO diagnostic window all looks normal (all flags come back normal, etc.)

ASIO works fine in J River under 16 or 24 and 44.1 or 48.

ASIO 24/96 works fine under Foobar v8 and v9.

When the output of the player does not match the input settings of the MAudio (eg, if I set output of player to 96 and input of MAudio to 44) I get error messages indicating problems. I do not get those error indicators when J River is set to ASIO 96 and the MAudio is also set to 96, so I suspect the J River is indeed sending a 96 signal to the MAudio.

Because ASIO 24/96 in Foobar works fine, and, because ASIO 16 or 24 and 44.1 or 48 in J River works fine, I suspect the issue is not the MAudio device/drivers.

It's behaving as if there were a "mute" button engaged.

Any help and/or advice?

ps -- a link to the J River Forum thread follows:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=38031.0

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Topic - Need help getting ASIO 24/96 to work in J River to Transit USB chain - Brucemck2 06:27:49 01/05/07 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.