Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Thanks guys,

Any lessons learned, best practices are much appreciated.

Don M -
I didn’t realize there was a bug issue. It’s in the Christmas return pile for sure.

Bobp, Old Listener –
I have a fairly new laptop with an external hard drive that I use to surf, do work (yeah right) while listening and was hoping to use it. If running the extra apps are a problem, can probably get a 3-4 year old brick from work.

The Squeezebox maybe better than the Roku, but had trouble getting the Roku to talk wirelessly. Since I’m ok having everything in the same room, a wired solution is fine.

There seems to be many USB/SPIDIF adapters, and found this comment on the Trends UD-10 “forget the 24/96 they use the PCM 2704 chips, 44.1 or 48KHZ only..”. What does that mean?

I put the emu 0404 usb on the list b/c of the external ps, but it appears to have a lot of other features. Since I’m only going to be using at a converter, does it do something the others don’t?

I’ve been focusing on the nuts and bolts and didn’t look into the user friendliness side. I’ll definitely look into the J. River Media Center interface.

Believe what your ears say - not hearsay.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Thanks guys, - saltyflies 14:05:44 01/02/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.