Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

PC for the new year

Hi Guys. I've been coming over here for the last year or so and been reading the posts. Of course, there is just a huge amount of info, and most of it way beyond my knowledge and skill set. And, although I find
it all interesting, I really don't have the inclination to commit the time and energy to learning what I would need to know to put together a nice audio desktop computer.
So, at the risk of offending a few, but not many I hope, ggg., I would like input on a specific Dell system.
My situation is I've had a Dell desk top dimension 4400 the about 4 years and it's time to upgrade. I like the Dell, it has been faithful and only had one catastropic crash once in the time I've owned it. This was far better performance than computers I had had built previously and for that reason, Dell has won me over. I do think about an Apple system, that I could run both my windows programs and the Apple stuff, but, I'm a bit intimidated by the transition.
So, if someone could recommend a Dell system and sound and video card
I would be most appreciative. I plan on using the Squeezebox interface with my high fi rig in my listening room, so absolute quiet is not a consideration.
Merry Christmas,
Lew

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Topic - PC for the new year - Lew H 09:00:41 12/26/06 (6)

You can not post to an archived thread.