Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Ever Feel Guilty That Your PC based System Sounds So Good?

I have a PC based audio system, a tubed Pre and stand alone CDP based system and a battery powered flash drive playing uncompressed files.

I spent thousands 3K to be exact on the tubed pre and CDP, I spent around $600 on my hand made PC based source, and I spent all of $169 on this flash drive player....and I be damned if I dont enjoy the sound of this cheap flash drive player better than ANYTHING....

I used to call myself an "Audiophile"....having this expensive set up, room treatments, high end wires, outlets, power cords, tubes..[I spent more on my Mullard NOS tubes than this flash drive player].

I am actually getting better stereo separation, sound stage, music more listenable [no harsh cd sound what so ever], full bottom end...bottom line I ENJOY listening now, where as before I would sometimes have to play certain CD's more only because they didnt sound so bad.... or I would spend weekends tweaking trying to find ways to smooth out the sound or fine tune it somehow to something more listenable.

Actually I dont know if I feel stupid, guilty, ashamed or just plain ol dumb founded and amazed.

As I type this, I am looking over at this little humble player sitting on top of my $1,000 sub [not being used] and next to $4K worth of gear [not being used] plugged directly into my amp....I spent twice as much on the AQ wires connecting it to my amp than it costs...amazing.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Topic - Ever Feel Guilty That Your PC based System Sounds So Good? - Dynaudio_Rules 16:03:23 12/25/06 (20)

You can not post to an archived thread.