Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Yes, I've used the MC 11 ripper and the Flac plug-ins.

>Have you used MC12 as a ripper?

Yes. I used EAC when I began ripping my CD collection. I soon swtiched to MC 11's ripper and have ripped nearly 2000 CDs with it. I've done comparisons between files made with the MC 11 ripper and EAC. No difference when they are able to rip a CD with confidence. When I have "unreliable results" for a CD with MC 11, I try it with EAC. In those tests, EAC has NEVER been able to rip a CD track with confidence that MC 11 could not rip with confidence.

You can tag the music files with whatever tags you want when you rip with MC 11. And you can tell MC 11 to build folder names and file names based on any tag values.

> If so, are you compressing losslessly? To what format are you compressing?

I rip all my CDs to Flac files.

The Flac tag format is very flexible so I add whatever tags I want to describe my files.

> I'm asking, because I'm wondering how the MC12 Flac plug-in works.
> I believe my preference is to rip to flac, unless there is a reason
> I should do otherwise.

There are separate versions of the Flac input and encoder plug-ins for MC 11 and for MC 12. I have only had one problem: the input plug-in was dropping files with a semi-colon in the filename. The author of the plug-ins fixed that bug promptly.

Good luck.

Bill

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.