Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

VNC works !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! real iTunes on your PDA

iTunes on my PDA looks exactly like it looks on my desktop with complete functions. The text is a bit small but my 50 year old eyes with bifocals can still see it just fine. There is no lag in response via my wireless network. If I put the PDA next to my monitor I see them change at the same time. You can only see a portion of your desktop at a time (about 1/4) but the majority of the time I use iTunes browser and just want to see the artist and album columns anyway. It is very easy to scroll around the screen if you want with the navigator button. Tap the search window, pop up the keyboard and tap in what you wan to search for.

Compared to Clicker there is no contest for me. The only thing Clicker has going for it that I can see is it is easier to see but I'm sticking with VNC unless somebody writes scripts that give you album functions like iTunes. Clicker is just too limited.

Follow the link and download the third file down for windows and a palm PalmVNC-WinVNC.exe. I tried PalmVNC-UltraVNC.exe first but that gave me a protocol error. It looks like there is a VNC program for just about all devices and operating systems.

I had to change my port to 80 but other than that it was pretty straightforward

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.