Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

thanks for the feedback, leaning toward a Dell Axim X51V

The Zodiac looks interesting but I need WiFi

My server is in the basement as well as an airport express I'm using as a wireless router. I have another AE across the room feeding digital to the Altmann DAC in my main stereo as well as 2 more AEs upstairs, one feeding audio to a Tivoli radio in the kitchen and one in the den feeding a modest home theater.

If I use the computer/server in the basement to wirelessly feed the AEs all over the house I don't get any drop outs, but if I use an Apple laptop upstairs sharing the servers files and feeding the AEs then I get dropouts.

So, I figure if I get a PDA to wirelessly control iTunes on the server in the basement then I can control all the AEs from anywhere in the house and have no dropouts. Sweet.

It looks like a Palm TX and a Dell Axim x51v are top contenders. Street price on the Axim ia a bit higher, maybe $300 vs. $200 on eBay, but the screen has higher resolution.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • thanks for the feedback, leaning toward a Dell Axim X51V - hermanesque 20:20:18 12/11/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.