Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

I had Clicker and a Palm TX

I used the Palm T|X (which has bluetooth and wi-fi) with Clicker with bluetooth. It worked well, and had a range of about 5 meters or so, which was enough for me. As the previous poster said, getting the album art in colour is kind of cool too!

I had a few issues:
- the Palm OS is not multitasking, so if you want to switch between clicker and an IR program to control volume on a pre-amp, you have to shut down clicker and open the IR program, and then when you want to access clicker again, you have to re-establish the Bluetooth connection. It takes a second or two, but it isn't a super smooth transition.

- Sometimes the bluetooth connection would take 2 tries to get things right, other times the Palm device rebooted itself or had to be rebooted. Not smooth at all!

Perhaps using the wireless would have solved these problems, but I like to keep my wireless network off unless I really need it. Also, I think Clicker might work a bit better with a Windows PDA, but that is just a feeling I got from the Clicker forum.

In the end though, you are working with a PDA, so everything is smaller, harder to access (typing, etc.). I switched to a Macbook, and although that is an expensive and bulky solution, it works perfectly, and the whole family doesn't need weekly courses for operating the thing!!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • I had Clicker and a Palm TX - g_man 23:21:31 12/10/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.