Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Re: winamp - DirectSound v2.45 still sounds better than Kernel Streaming

HMM.

I have that same card and I never get drop outs with Foobar...well at least since I changed the priority to realtime. WHat is strange, is that I DO get drop outs with DS in Foobar. ASIO works better on my rig.

BUt I am using the dacs on the Lynx card, and not the digital out (well, I am but for headphone listening).

Yeah the classic Foobar interface blows, and winamp is much better, but with the columns UI plug in, you can get Foobar to do and look like just about anything. Hydrogen audio has a ton of cool looking Foobar "skins". I found that most players are song based vs. album based, and I guess I am kind of old school, in that I usually listen to albums. I set Foobar up to work this way, and have a few song based presets.

If you are using 8.3, then it is vital that you use the correct version of ASIO. THere are normal, SSE1 or SSE2, and this can make a big difference. THis is one reason I dig the latest version...there is only one option.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.