Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Correct...

That's correct - I tried the software a couple of times, was never really impressed with it - I don't know if the software has changed since I bought mine over a year ago - but anything that's not completely transparant has a tough time passing the Quad test. I wouldn't give up on software entirely however, I was hoping one of the settings would give me an fm-like dynamic compression and midrange tilt for latenight listening actually, and sometimes to tame rather irritating CD's.

But as it turns out, I love the Bobcat without the software and have few if any irritating CD's now it seems. The Daniel Hertz DAC is well worth the outlay - so much so that since I've had it in my system, my desire to search for digital alternatives has been completely eliminated - I just don't think I could enjoy music more than I do now - and internet radio is a bonus on a level I'd have never expected, I love it and listen to it nightly. In fact, I'm so happy with my entire system now that there's just no more to look for - the Bobcat was the final piece.

I don't know if other similarly priced USB dac's are as enjoyable, but I'll likely never find out - I'm just not looking any more! I'd still like to find a windows media player plugin for dynamic compression suitable for latenight listenting though - I find it hard to listen to CD's at night because at ultra-low volumes it seems all I can hear are the frequency extremes.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.