Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

You make a good point.

Presto,

I understand what you're saying and there is no denying the importance of room acoustics. But when you put aside the make believe world in those glossy photos and the humanly-natural touch of class envy, I think that there are "regular" people who work hard (work smart?), make good money, and know what they want. They might even understand the importance of room acoustics but choose not to live inside of an acoustics laboratory. Imagine that. The nerve of some people! :>)

For me the stereo is more than the quest for perfect sound. It's an emotional attachment too. If the room doesn't have the right vibe for me then I won't be in there very much. Not having the stereo playing music is more of a waste of money than poor room acoustics in my mind. But your point is well taken.

Having babbled on about all of that, I think that it's possible to choose and arrange your furniture in a way that is acoustically musical and still has a personal vibe that makes you want to be in there all of the time. There's no accounting for my taste though. :>)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.