Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

My suggestions

Dcolver,

If you already have a good dac, then get a mac mini the cheap one is fine. It has optical SPDIF output that is pretty good. You will need the adapter cable made by Monster and other companies.

Buy 2 of these Firewire modules that fit under the mini for use a Library and a backup.

Get a palm pilot with bluetooth and get the salling software clicker for full remote control.

You will need a mouse and keyboard to get things running. You could apt for a bluetooth on these and have them across the room.

Go out and buy a Sharp Aquous tv... I love these things they are great cheap LCD tv's. Put it on the wall. I have proabably 10 customers doing this right now. You can do DVD and audio using the Aquos as the monitor.

Really on the server thing I don't get it. They can't compete with computer makers so they are expensive. Then what... you can't really upgrade these things. So like a computer what 2 years later you what sell it on Audiogon for a loss. Then you have to start all over again.

Gang... look think about how all this works and you will realize that computer makers are better suited making computers. There are plenty of software for both MAC and PC that work great.

Ahhh back to work.
Gordon
J. Gordon Rankin

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • My suggestions - Gordon Rankin 07:27:16 11/16/06 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.