Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Amazing Mixer Software - "Console" by Audio Teknika

Hey gang:

If anyone wants to try an amazing software "virtual mixer" for their PC, this is the ticket. Jan over at Thuneau.com told us all about this software, and recommended it for use with his Frequency Allocator.

So of course I downloaded the demo for a famous "Presto Crash Test"!!

I was able to make the following setup work using the Console.

1. Foobar output = kernel streaming, 16 bit
2. ASIO4ALL "input device" is Virtual Audio Cable 1, 16bit, 44kHz
3. ASIO4ALL "output device" is M-audio Revolution
4. VST Pluing = Thuneau Allocator w/ Arbitrator Version 1.010

It was easy to set all this stuff up in the Console. You can even enable and disable channels that are *present* on a device that you don't need. (For example, I only needed 6 / 8 output channels so I disabled the last 2). Then, one just has to drag and drop the desired I/O into the grey blank area below the various "windows" you see:

a) Dragged ASIO IN which shows a box with two OUTPUTS onto grey area
(This is for Virtual Cable 1 - the way to stream audio in.)
b) Dragged the Thuneau Allocator (VST Plugin) showing 2 in and 8 out
c) Dragged ASIO OUT which shows a box with six INPUTS onto grey area
(This is for M-Audio Revolution 7.1 8 channel soundcard)

Then I created the following wires by clicking and dragging connections. Totally intuitive. You'll love it.

1) Connected the 2 ASIO IN (outputs) into the 2 Allocator Inputs
2) Connected 8 Allocator Outputs into the 8 ASIO OUT (Inputs).

Then I double-clicked the allocator in the VST plugin shell and loaded my presets.

Turned on the virtual "power" button of the Console and BAM. Beautiful music. And Allocator.exe is running within the console and not as a separate window. Things work a lot better this way, and there way only minimal clicking and popping at first. Adjusting the buffer sizes, latencies, AND sync delay times ALL from the console, I've managed to get rid of all of the dropouts and click/pops... but I need to do some extreme testing to ensure this goes beyound audibility.

Basically, I am buying the console tonight. It's an amazing piece of software for $54!! You can connect ASIO devices *AND* non-ASIO devices in the *same* project, and it runs VST instruments and effects in real time as well.

Try it! You'll love it! It gives you incredible control over how digital streams are managed from source to output.

I have nothing to gain by promoting this product - except to stop my fellow inmates from pulling out their hair who are having problems interfacing different software and hardware devices. This may be your ticket to sanity.

Cheers,
Presto

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - Amazing Mixer Software - "Console" by Audio Teknika - Presto 15:48:35 11/15/06 (5)

You can not post to an archived thread.