Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Re: Gulp - that's something over 2 terabytes

Thanks. I know it is a lot of storage space. But imagine when I have it all on the computer how much more accessible it would be for me to play with! I have found myself consistenly listening to music stored on my computer more often than those in disk form.

Actually, I have already ripped around 300 onto my comp. So am making progress. I agree that I will probably have to leave a few out... I do have a few eminently forgettable cds that I will probably not miss if I dont have!

I intent to have the cds on a server running slimserver and feeding a few of the squeezeboxes. The backups will probably be on a bunch of external hard drives. I have a few of those lying around... rarely used. I agree I will need 100% redundancy however. The thought of having to burn all these ever again makes me a bit sick... and I have not even finished ripping them the first time!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Gulp - that's something over 2 terabytes - MoodyDragon 22:36:56 11/05/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.