Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Re: Hey Rick... sorry it took so long to reply.

Presto wrote:
"Right now I have my eye on a new system using shallow crossover slopes in a transient perfect filler driver design (using passive crossovers). This way I can use Winamp and Thuneau crossovers. Once the crossover "Phase Arbitration" is done for the 1st and 2nd order filters, THEN room correction can be done. I just need to ensure the Thuneau crossovers will work with Winamp before i get them - I think I need some sort of VST Plugin to make it go."

Hi Presto,

I would be interested in hearing more details about the shallow TP crossover system you are thinking about. Who designed the speakers and crossover?

I recently purchased the Thuneau Allocator so I can try some experiments with Winamp for you if it helps. I have been using the kernel streaming output of Foobar mainly for playback, but I have successfully configured my PC so that every sound made by any application will go through the Thuneau crossover/arbitrator. I particularly like the Thuneau crossover because it has parametric eq capabilities on each crossover leg. I can use the crossover to reduce the amplitude of standing waves and eliminate the DEQ 2496. The main problem is that my Lynx ASIO drivers will only let one application at a time access the ASIO drivers, which is why I have to use the kernel streaming driver in Foobar. I may consider looking into Console to see if it will allow me to stack multiple apps into the ASIO driver. I am also going to try to see if the M-Audio 410 ASIO drivers will allow multiple apps to access ASIO, although I am not sure the M-Audio mixer is flexible enough to accomplish the routing I need.

What sound card are you using?

Also, Jan at Thuneau mentioned that he is coming out with a new software package called Frequency Affirmer that will do "very good room correction and crossover at the same time". I am hoping that it will mimic DRC/BruteFIR in a package that allows for an easier visual configuration, but I have no details. I was able to get an impulse response under Linux and use BruteFIR, but the process was difficult even though I have a lot of linux experience. I would pay for a package that is easier to configure.

Alan

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Hey Rick... sorry it took so long to reply. - aljordan 05:23:59 11/02/06 (1)
    • Hi Alan. - Presto 12:12:37 11/02/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.