Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Re: Help with wiring and amping a house for PC audio

I believe you are better off with seperate integrated amps and many squeezeboxes. This is what I have in my setup.

I have a living room home theater with a squeezebox feeding into a mid-fi integrated (top floor). I have on the lower floor another squeezebox with a similar setup. One floor below that I have another Squeezebox with the whole deal (tube preamp, DAC, amp, etc).

What I am trying to say is that you can synchronize the Squeezeboxes to play the same thing (same stream for each squeezebox) or you can use the slimserver software interface to have different streams to each Squeezebox. This is ideal when thowing a get together with many guests, you can set moods for each room of the house.

So in terms of your questions relating to that I suggest using multiple integrated amps etc.. with many Squeezeboxes.

I have no in wall speakers so I can't advise on that section of your question.

Have a fun time setting everything up, you seem really fortunate to have that opportunity to start from scratch.

Warm regards

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Help with wiring and amping a house for PC audio - bullethead 16:26:03 11/01/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.