Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

follow-up

sorry, forgot a few q's.

I copy to HD & then burn. If you have 2 disc drives i don't think you have to do this.

Slower speed may be best, dunno. I've tried to listen for difference & its easy when comparing a 1x to a 48x...between that though - dunno. I copy at 24x & burn at 16x usually. Rule of thumb: don't use the slowest setting for your drive, go one or 2 speeds higher. Some folks feel there's a correct speed for every drive, you just gotta burn the same material at all speeds and listen...dunno if worth the effort though! the CD-r may have a lot to do with this too. high speed cd-r don't like slow speeds, not engineered for that.

Don't put a colored pen to your cd's or cd-r. I've been taking a small corner of sandpaper to the edges, and this works. What you are trying to do is reduce the surfaces that reflect light. Some have recomended a light sanding to the outer edge and also the spindle hole. However, if you pre-treat & use good quality CD-R in a working machine, you shouldn't need to address this concern - in my opinion from experience.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • follow-up - mattcecil1@yahoo.com 13:37:04 10/31/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.