Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Re: Audiophile CD burning? black CD-R's?

L,

I was able to make CDs that I thought were improved over the original by ripping the original CD using EAC, and then burning on to black memorex cdrs. The Yamaha drive I had had a special feature called AMQ (Audio Master Quality)that spreads out the pits which they claim reduces jitter:

http://www.yamaha.co.jp/english/product/computer/handbook/audiomaster02.html

ANyhow, I liked the disks produced this better than the originals, and used them to rip back to the HD when I went with a PC based playback system. (Disks blow IMHO and are dying)

AMQ was very very slow, and I used the memorex black cdrs that were very affordble at the time.

I haven't had my system in a good enough room to set it up right, so I haven't been able to test to see if it was worth all the effort, and if just ripping the originals would sound just as good when playing back from the PC.

FWIW, you really should be spending your time going with a PC based system than burning better disks. Well at least in my case I started out trying to create a better mouse trap, and ended up getting rid of the mice (which are dying)!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.