Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

What's the best USB to Digital external sound card converter???

Hello everyone,
I am new at this,and am about to try a pc based music server to my external dac.(Musical Fidelity's new DM25 tubed dac).The DM25 has coax or toslink inputs,so the tranistion from USB to coax.
The PC at the moment is an old PIII 750 with Windows Media on it(Hope it will work).If this pans out I will move up to a 2 parts fusion model probabbly.
I was considering the McIntosh MS300 music server to my dac just for simplicity,but the MS300 is very expensive and the dac section is not spectacular,plus a small hard drive with no real expandibility.Uncompressed "wave" and "flac" would probably be the file type.
Anyways(sorry for rambling)I am considering the ESI waveterminal U24 or the M-Audio audiophile USB.Is the M-Audio better than the U24?Is there any other external sound card/Interfaces that might be better?Any other recommendations?
Thanks for your help!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Topic - What's the best USB to Digital external sound card converter??? - xsparky 11:13:14 10/29/06 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.