Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Re: if Gordon is correct it seems you guys are leaving a lot of money on the table

Belkin demonstrated wireless USB at CES last January. They have had a few technical problems bringing it to market though, evidently passing FCC emissions is part of it...

To change the AE to output USB audio would require firmware changes I believe. You would have to have the original source code to make these changes. I dont think Apple will be forthcoming with this...

The 802.11G WiFi that the AE uses is quite excellent actually. I have Off-Ramp WiFi versions of this that have great transmitting range and the audio quality is only limited by the TI interface chips, the 270X series. Both the S/PDIF-AES and I2S versions sound better than CD players, albeit not quite as good as USB interfaces. They are limited to 16/44.1 kHz unfortunately, where USB is not.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: if Gordon is correct it seems you guys are leaving a lot of money on the table - audioengr 14:35:45 10/19/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.