Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

I'd be interested to hear about this device also

I am also interested in this device, mainly because it can be used with any music player software. It appears to be a real bear to set up though. This thread in the Linksys forums has a tutorial written by a user. It's an interesting read, and points out the kinds of problems people have had.

I am currently using a Squeezebox but have become increasingly dissatisfied with the SlimServer software, which is required to use the device. I ended up "upgrading" to the 6.5 beta and immediately found a bug that made it completely unusable to me. I submitted a bug report and spent a lot of time trying different things they suggested, to no avail. To my dismay the fix was put off to 6.5.1. Then I recently got an email update about my bug report. This update was to notify me that the fix was pushed off to 7.0. Given the fiascos I have experienced so far, I am quite certain that even if this bug is fixed for 7.0, there will be so many new bugs that it will still be unusable. As a software developer myself, it's my view that their software development process is out of control.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • I'd be interested to hear about this device also - andy_c 15:13:21 10/18/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.