Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Re: Conductivity doesn't affect what you hear???

i gotcha...us inmates gotta be a little wary of those unregistered folk. you can come & go as you please, i'm in here on a life sentence!

I never would've thought that reducing vibration, cooling down the cpu chips & installing better internal cabling would affect a pc's music reproduction capabilites, but after much tooling around (and spending less than $100) that's exactly what happened. i like spreadin' that word...

One of the neatest things about using that Arctic Silver grease and the new copper silent fan is now if i touch the heatfins, they are hot. the original block looking heatfin that came with my pc never got even lukewarm...the silver grease definitely does seem to let the heat transfer from chip to heatfins quite efficiently. since i'm often turning my machine off, it gives me some peace of mind that i'm not cooking the cpu chips as bad once the power is off.

hasta luego

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Conductivity doesn't affect what you hear??? - mattcecil1@yahoo.com 07:45:56 10/16/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.