Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Experiments with Word Clock Input Lunx AES16

I have treid to slave the Lynx AES 16 to my dCS dac. This was a failure because I can no longer upsample using the dCS972 from 44.1 to 176.4k/. Also the SynchroLock on the Lynx will not work properly.

I then tried a Swissonic clock with 20ppm accurracy. Again the Lynx will not lock properly unless I defeated SynchroLock. This pumps in and out and causes interruptions to the sound.

Very interesting was that I then connected the clock out from the Lynx to clock in. This time SynchroLock worked and the sound was bettter than using internal lock. Now the Lynx clock output is very fast (rise time) but sure as in a PC card, there is hf noise riding on the top hat of the square wave. I am not sure if the clock in function cleans this but it seems likely.

I shall experiment with cleaning the Lynx clock with the Swissonic and listen more deeply.

I shall also email Lynx and see what they say about their SynchroLock not working with external inputs even though they are dead on in terms of frequency indicated by the Lynx software.

Anyone care to comment?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Topic - Experiments with Word Clock Input Lunx AES16 - fmak 23:19:52 10/15/06 (2)

You can not post to an archived thread.