Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Ditto ... I don't think my Cary 306/200 has spun a disc since going with a Squeezebox

Beyond sound quality, the digital inputs were one of my ancillary reasons for choosing the Cary CDP ... and now it's turned out to be one its biggest advantages.

I'm running a DIY music server in the basement to a wired SqueezeBox and then into my Cary and I couldn't be happier. Besides the wonderful sound, it is just a whole new way to interact with your music collection. In fact, the number of hours I listen has definitely gone way up.

I also use my CDP to play 24/48 and 24/96 DADs (Classic and Chesky) with the digital signal coming from a DVD player. I've also ripped the audio tracks from concert DVDs, converted to FLAC and played these back via the SqueezeBox at 24bit/48khz resolution ... great sound!

Initiative comes to those who wait.
- Alex, "A Clockwork Orange"

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Ditto ... I don't think my Cary 306/200 has spun a disc since going with a Squeezebox - krikor 10:18:12 10/02/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.