Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

sorry, I misread your original post, you may be screwed but there is hope

I missed the part about your use of WAV files.

In MP3, Apple lossless, flac, etc. the artist name, album title, genre, length, track number, artwork etc. are all stored as tags attached to the file. When you import them to ITunes it builds a database from these tags and stores the info in two files in the itunes folder, iTunes Library.itl and itunes music library.xml.

You can't tag a wav file. All the info for those files was stored in the library database when you ripped them or when you edited the file with the get info function. Lose the library and you lose the information.

I think if you move those library files from the PC to the iTunes folder on the MAC you will get your info back. Hopefully it is the same format and the Mac can read it.. I think it can.

I would then convert them to Apple Lossless so if your library gets corrupted you can rebuild it from the files. iTunes will convert them, well, it actually makes a lossless copy to wherever you tell it in the import preferences, and leaves the originals as they were. It will put the new ones in the library too so you'll have 2 of every song in the library unless you delete them. I don't know how to get around this other than when you are done converting, move the library files to a backup folder so you save the wave file info, and rebuild the library by dropping in all the lossless files.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.