Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Opinions on error correction ,,.. is it too late?!!

So I've spent the last few months ripping my ever-growing CD collection (about 800 CD's) to WMA lossless. Most of my CD's are in really good condition. For about the first 600 CD's I used WMP without error correction. For the last 200 or so I used DB Poweramp...still no error correction.

I've read a lot here about the importance of error correction, which if I had it all to do over again I would have payed more attention to, but I see nothing about how it effects the actual sonic qualities of the end-result.

Let's say I decided to start all over and used error correction. Would I notice a big difference in the sound quality of my files? I haven't heard a crackle or pop or glitch in any of my current rips, and feel they sound pretty good, but am I missing something? Could I expect a big difference in sound quality if I decided to re-rip everything with error correction....please tell me no!...but please be honest:)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Topic - Opinions on error correction ,,.. is it too late?!! - freaknhell 09:05:37 09/20/06 (3)

You can not post to an archived thread.