HTTP/1.0 200 OK Content-type: text/html

Can't connect to database, trying again.... Streaming audio radio - Todd A. - Computer Audio Asylum

Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Streaming audio radio

I am wondering if streaming audio of a radio station over the internet is capable, if properly set up, of sounding as good as a decent tuner on my main system. It seems reasonable that a good sound card such as the M-Audio 2496 (thanks for that suggestion, Bambi B!) would be required. My question is whether or not I could use my existing Museatex Bitstream DAC - I am presently using its coaxial input for the output from my Denon DCD-1560 player, which is being used as a transport. Is there any reason I could not use the Toslink input for the output from a sound card, are there any sampling rate matching issues involved, and is there anything else I would need to know?

I live in a fringe area, and I'm presently trying to decide whether I should eventually invest in a high mast, rotor, and antenna, or toss in the towel on traditional FM reception and switch to an internet only setup. I have no interest in sound editing - I only want to be able to listen to radio over the internet, and I haven't heard many good things about XM or Sirius.

Thoughts and suggestions are welcome, and thank you.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Topic - Streaming audio radio - Todd A. 15:59:45 09/15/06 (18)

You can not post to an archived thread.