Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

a few suggestions for great pc sound

If you really want excellent sound in and out of your PC, try the following $100 upgrade: $40 Furutech FI-15 AC wall outlet, $35 IDE cable from your burner to your HD from www.granitedigital.com; $5 on new silver grease from www.silentpc.com - for your pc's internal processors that now have heatfins on them - cools them down; a new HD cable also from granitedigital - check it for directionality, makes a huge difference for $5. Last, find an old butcher block cutting board, add $25 brass spikes from parts express, and make your pc a nice maple stand on brass feet...pc's vibrate a lot. Also, the quality of your computer's power cord makes a huge, huge difference. I make my own from DH labs bulk AC cable and Furu Fi-11 Cu & Ag ends. $110 for the cord. your computer's power supply is sensitive to AC quality just like any amp you've probably ever owned. your ipod and Squeezebox will sound insane with these mods. So really, this is a $250 or $300 upgrade! Do it once though, you'll never do it again. Last, I still rip with EAC. i don't love it, but it sounds good enough. For insane CD burning software, try the free trial of Alcohol 120%. it does not rip though....

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • a few suggestions for great pc sound - mattcecil1@yahoo.com 13:34:20 09/12/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.