Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Re: Got my Squeezebox...woohoo!

I'm no expert on this by any means, as I'm just getting started. However, I have spent a great deal of time researching.

One of the interesting things I've turned up, are a few posts on this and another forum, and a comparison done by the CD Freaks. They indicate Plextools and Plextor drives, when used together, give faster and more accurate rips than EAC. From what I understand, Plextool's DAE tool only works really well with a Plextor drive, with other drives EAC is better.

I bought a Plextor drive thinking it came with Plextools, however it didn't, just Roxio CD Creator!:-( I've contacted Plextor, and they are sending me a Plextools Professional CD. I had to fill out a missing software form, and send them $20 + shipping, no big deal really.

When Plextools arrives I will start ripping, and I'll post some results. Possibly someone with actual experience with this, will post. I know there are at least a couple of folks on this forum, who have tried this combo.

twystd

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.