Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Making a Library, playlists in foobar...need help...plz.

Hello all,

Well the last couple days I've been putting my cd's in .flac on my HD. I now want to configure foobar to make it a little user friendly.

I want to have a 'library' folder, and different playlists and was wondering what is the best way to go about this. I also need help with how foobar allocates my cd's. I'm having issues with various artist, compilation, greatest hits, soundtracks, etc. How can I set things so that it will keep every song within the album without getting mixed up with other albums? For example, I had two 'greatest hits' cd's by different bands and foobar just lopped them all mixed up together. I know it prolly has something to do with using the id tags, but I'm not sure how to go about it. I never really have understood how those id tags work...

If anyone has any suggestions or can offer some help I would greatly appreciate it...

Thanks,

Ron

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Topic - Making a Library, playlists in foobar...need help...plz. - Ron 10:17:07 08/29/06 (2)

You can not post to an archived thread.