Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Pops and Clicks during audio playback

OK, so i have spent two days on this and I am at my wits end...

It started with CD playback, I was getting vinal like pops and clicks sporratically during play back, naturally I made sure that i had the newest drivers, and that my CD player was set to analog mode... none of this helped...

I loaded up the built in media player on my laptop (non OS operated... like a souped up DVD player) and the audio plays back fine... I know from this that the problem is not in my CD player but rather in the OS... back to windows

In order to continue to narrow the problem down I then tried to play some ripped MP3s from my hard drive... flawless at all volumes... I then tried to enter Fruty Loops and play the sample song... same pops and clicks... not completly into FL studio at the moment so I don't know what makes its output different from MP3s, what ever it is, it is the same thing that makes CDA playback different as well...

I am running a brand new Intel Centrino Duo Proc, with a gig of DDR2. Windows XP Media Center edition with all the newest drivers... Its a Toshiba Satellte M105-3004. Didn't have these problems out of the box, so if I can't find an answer I will just have to wipe and reinstall (don't want to do that, will lose my office installation!) any help would be apperciated.

JcR

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Topic - Pops and Clicks during audio playback - Ravenwidow 23:40:41 08/28/06 (4)

You can not post to an archived thread.