Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

itunes and Mac users- Quick way to delete unwanted files?

I am almost finished ripping all my CD's to my Mac Mini's external HD's (its only taken all Summer!) Usually I just rip the entire CD to .wav and then later delete the tracks I dont ever listen to in order to save some HD space.

Usually I do this by going into the library a giving the duds a "one star" rating and then sort by rating, then delete the "ones". The issue is that it takes a while to dump the duds. If I do them one at a time, I have to do Clear, and a couple other clicks before a single track is deleted. This takes to long especially if I need to dump 50-100 tracks at a time. I have also tried to do a Ctrl/Shift and then clicking on all the tracks to select them all at once but often when you click on one, it will unselect the others and that gets fraustrating. Is there an easy way to do this?

BTW, I am using a wireless keyboard and mouse that is a standard issue PC keyboard, not a MAC. Would a MAC keyboard have a shortcut key or any additional functionality that would help me?

Or is there something I can set in my preferences/control panel (or whatever MAC calls it) to shortcut this process? Thanks in advance.

Eat Mo' Hot Sauce,
crazychile

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - itunes and Mac users- Quick way to delete unwanted files? - crazychile 05:33:03 08/24/06 (3)

You can not post to an archived thread.