Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

Re: List speakers suitable for OTL amps.

Thank you for the replies, guys, and I realize my question is overly board but was gathering a list of suspects right now.

OTL's may not be the way to go for me, considering the heat, and I now generally for OTL's you want high impedance more than anything else, but I am learning that whenever I simplify I tend to like the results. Running the Rogues in triode had a much greater impact in my enjoyment of music than I would have imagined. Nothing overt, the change was subtle in the short term, but in the long term it has been most profound. STE's seem to require even more narrow choice of speakers, I think, so OTL's might be a more viable choice for me.

Listening room size is 18x15, I listen to mostly acoustic, but with broad dynamic demands. Plus, when I do play something that's electronic/amplified, I don't like to run out of power. Currently using ~100 triode watts with low 90's speakers, and volume is acceptable.
Willingness to use Zeros? Sure, but I am a little wary since this going away from the path of 'simpler is better' as I mention above.

Duke, please fell free to send me any info you wish.

KP

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: List speakers suitable for OTL amps. - The Killer Piglet 15:32:37 09/26/06 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.