Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

Re: List speakers suitable for OTL amps.

I thought the same thing, why would anyone buy a OTL only to have a transformer added to the input of the speaker. After talking to several guys "in the know" I thought maybe I would give them a try, and, with a 30 day return/trial what would I have to lose to try them on my Atma-Sphere M60's. Well I still have the speakers and I still have the Atma-Sphere amps and the system has never sounded better. I did not use the 30 day return option I guess goes without saying. I was reminded that the Zero's are not transformers but autoformers, not sure the difference but they do work in allowing the ability to use a lower sensitivity speaker to be used on an OTL with great results. Again for the 30 day trial what does one have to lose, if you like your amp and you like your speakers you might want to try the Zero's They also work with SET amps on lower sensitivity speakers. I am not in anyway affiliated with Atma-Sphere or with the Zero Auto-former companies just a happy owner of both the OTL and the Zero Auto-former...........good luck...........Bob

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.