Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

Re: Driver Filament phasing

YES - YES & YES !
I feel exactly the same way , and yes , The sound you hear is only when I get right beside the speaker too . Enough though , that after even quiet listening , youre senses get so tuned to detail , that this is when the humm is picked up . Right at the point when tracks are muted , or ended , or starting . Eureka - Frank ...I cannot promise anything , but both of my amps had this issue at first . I corrected one in the workshop , and asked a Fitter what he thought ..Now , I can tell you , his deaf ears heard the diff in the workshop ...( ear to speaker , muted input ) . The second amp , I built with the toroid wired the same ( ie , colour coding ) . However , I note that at a quiet session with Newform ribbons & Ceramic Bass , we hear humm on the 2nd amp in between tracks . At work , I decide to swap the winding over , visa versa for a double check ..and YES , its now reversed from the same colour coding that was supplied from manufacturer . Seriously Frank , a BIG thankyou for responding to this , im a newbie to building amps in this league - I mean , ive built some P/P but not OTL , untill now that is . Im stoked that you have noticed something . I have two amps , and both should be the same ..but were not ...NOW they are ! Cheers Frank - good man
Stu

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Driver Filament phasing - Satelliteman 23:08:06 09/23/06 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.