Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

Novacrons - Legendre's April Thread

Back in April, Legendre of Atma-Sphere talked about a "local buyer" who had purchased a pair of Novacrons on Ebay (in two separate auctions!), and who had brought them in for service. He replaced all the power tubes and repaired one of them. That buyer was me. I just now discovered the April thread. I wanted to let Legendre know that I still have them and have enjoyed them immensely. They have performed absolutely perfectly, thanks in no small part to his great work on them. I've had tube amps before, but these are by far the best I've had. Bass is awesome, and I think "effortless" would be the best description of how they perform. Though you'd better have well recorded material! The amps can accentuate the flaws in bad recordings, but on well recorded stuff, WOW! Musical nirvana! Thanks to Bill and Ralph for the excellent service. It was great to meet them and to see the setup there in St. Paul. As it happens I went to college at Macalester (alma mater of Kofi Annan, Walter Mondale, and Bob Mould, among others), which is about 8 blocks down the street from Atma-Sphere. However, I had never heard of them back then.

Having said all the nice things above, I unfortunately now have to sell them because of financial considerations. If anyone has suggestions about whether I'd be better off selling on Ebay or Audiogon I'd be interested in the input. I've never sold on either, though I've bought a lot on Ebay and have bought one item on Audiogon.

Bill and Ralph - thanks again! The experience was wonderful. And I definitely hope to be buying Atma-Sphere amps again in the future.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Topic - Novacrons - Legendre's April Thread - Dennis 22:56:10 08/11/06 (14)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.